Sunday, July 8, 2018

A New Adventure - A New Series!

Here in Arkansas it has been HOT HOT HOT!!!  It seems even hotter than a normal summer.  Or maybe just hotter earlier.  (Or maybe I am feeling my age!  Heavens, that cannot be the problem!)

Anyway..... while hot summer weather and gardens require a lot of energy and time, I also find it a perfect time to quilt.  I call it Guilt-Free-Quilting because a sensible person should NOT be outside in this heat.  They should be inside where it is cool.

So I started a new series.  I love to work on a series of quilts with either a theme or an idea or a specific design to create structure to a group of quilts.  Probably part of my natural instinct to organize the world.

Inspiration for this particular series came from a little scribble drawing I made one day.  This is what it looks like.  For some reason it really speaks to me.  It is only about 3 inches square.

It is sort of peculiar because it has only one eye..... I am not certain whether this will stay the same or change when it becomes a quilt.  We'll see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment