Monday, August 20, 2018

Summer is Here

So here is Summer - the latest addition to the series.  I should probably think of a name for the series.... hmmmm.

Anyway - the inspiration for this one was the fabric that is the "body".  It is a beautiful scrap that my good friend Betty gifted me from the leftovers from her quilt.  It seemed perfect for this vibrant quilt.

I did run into lots of problems with the hair or flames or heat that is rising from Summer's head.  My original plan was to use the black with shapes fabric that makes up the interior of the flames right now - but of course it didn't look right because all you could see were free-floating blobs of color.  But once I changed to the other fabric those pieces fit right in like I planned it that way.








I also originally planned to have bright yellow lightening bolts shooting up from her head.  But that just looked stupid and confusing.  So I changed the plan and used variegated thread and then added beads.  Also some great beads on the eyelids.

No comments:

Post a Comment