Sunday, August 26, 2018

By the Sea By the Sea.....

Do you remember in the last post one of the critters that was wearing a swim suit?  Well - she decided to become a quilt. 

I loved the design that my friend Betty made - it made me smile.  But when I started to make this little gal in fabric I had a terrible time!  I almost threw it away.  But when that happens, I try to keep plugging and figure out what is NOT working, and fix the problem.  I actually like the completed project.

She is standing in a lake and you can tell she got a little too much sunshine on her pink body.  She must have used more sunscreen on her face.  The blue sparkly fabric on the waves adds a lot of sparkle to the finished quilt. 

This quilt is what I call one of my "cleanse my palate" quilts.  I needed to just switch gears and do something completely different - and this really helped.  I am curious to see what I do next.

1 comment:

  1. Love her bikini, her belly button and exotic blue she shadow!

    ReplyDelete