Monday, March 22, 2021

 Spring Is Coming Soon

 The past few weeks have been busier than usual for me.  But quilting helps me stay calm and relaxed so I have been working on small projects.  These little bird quilts will go into the Marketplace in Calico Rock.  

I think it is fun to see the different stages of quilts.  When I teach I warn the students that every quilt goes through an UGLY stage.  And it does.  I think this is especially true in art quilting because there is no repetition of pattern.  You get the basic pieces in place but there is not yet enough definition to judge whether or not the design is good. 


Then you add some zigzag lines around the shapes and the design starts to settle in.  You can spot any problems and make changes.  

You can see the difference in these two quilts that those simple lines make.

I'll post some more photos as soon as I finish the quilting and adding the beaded flowers. 




No comments:

Post a Comment