Tuesday, March 23, 2021

 Spring Birds with Beads and Bindings

I added the beads and binding and they are done.  And they are in the Marketplace just waiting to be adopted and taken home.  

 The flower beads are so interesting in person - very dimensional.  They make the quilt.  

I am really in a SPRING mood - can you tell???


There is also some fancy stitching on the tail feathers.  I don't know if you can see that on your computer.  But little details do make a difference.

My sister-in-law (a talented Milwaukee artist) described my quilts as "unique" and I laughed.  I told her that unique was a nicer word than some folks use.  I am aware that my quilts are a little different - they really do express my creative instincts.  The more common description is "weird" or "strange".  But I am going to use the word unique from now on!!

I think the next thing that I will do creatively is start my painting class again.  I am ready to do a large colorful crazy portrait.  WhooHoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment