Tuesday, June 1, 2021

Planning an Adventure

 A few days ago I updated my booth in the Marketplace and added this quilt. I made the quilt last summer in the very quiet times sheltering from the pandemic.  During that time I was experimenting with new color combinations to add more energy to my quilts.  I wasn't posting last year so this particular quilt was never on the blog.


This is a detail of the quilt showing some of the eye details and the beading.  I love to add beads to add texture to the finished quilt.

I like some of the negative spaces between the birds almost as much as the birds themselves.  

 

 

 

I never used to like using orange fabric.  But lately it is one of my favorite colors and I have a lot of different orange fabrics to choose from.  It would be quite startling to see actual birds with these colors - I think I would laugh out loud! 



No comments:

Post a Comment