Sunday, July 11, 2021

Hurrah!  I am starting to Create again!!

I think that the hot weather somehow distracted me.  And then I started to reorganize the large closet in my studio.  AND I keep finding things that I had forgotten even lived in that closet!  Things like soy silk and silk cocoons and ..... five little dolls that I started years ago but never finished. They are only 8 inches tall and they are stuffed with fiber.  They each have a little hanging loop on the back so they can perch somewhere or they can hang on the wall.  

Each one has a distinct personality and expression.  Their faces are stamped - they came into existence before I learned how to draw faces.  Seems like a LONG time ago.....


I want to think of names for each of these Little Ladies.  Maybe old fashioned names like Maude and Gladys (no offense to anyone with those names!).  

I added hair and more beads to each one.

I like the pointy beads on this one.  And her weird hair - looks sort of like she was in an electrical storm.


And if you make this one larger you can see the copper-colored cord that decorates her whole little body and then turns into glasses!  Very fun to play with.

And I think that is the most important thing that happened with these ladies...I had FUN just adding beads and wild hair and smiling a lot.

I need to find some more treasures in my closet to play with!!!

 The last of the five dolls is in the mail going to keep a dear friend company.  The other four are going to Hang Out (get it?) at the Marketplace and make people smile. 

No comments:

Post a Comment