Monday, September 2, 2019

What Is Going On?

Wow it really HAS been a long time since I posted on this blog.  Six months.  Does that mean that I have been doing nothing interesting?  Nope.  Not by a long shot. 

I think I'll just give you a quickie overview of the last six months then post a bunch of photos of pieces recently finished - and then try to keep posting as more new projects get completed.

Calico Rock Museum - Six week quilt show in April and May!  And I was honored to take the lead in organizing three separate sections of the show - each featuring a different focus of quilting.  The name of the show was Quilting - An Evolving Fabric Art.  The first two weeks focused on the History of Traditional Quilting, the second weeks on New Tools of the 20th and 21st Centuries and the third weeks on Art Quilting and Modern Quilting.  Cathy Bennett and Marlene Gwaltney were the leaders for the first weeks.

Off the Beaten Path Studio Tour - coming up in 10 days.  This took most of my time and effort since January.  I did a lot of new creative and fun things and will post some photos.

Hill 'n Hollow Quilt Show - coming up in October.  I am entering nine quilts .... if they don't sell at the Studio Tour.  We will see.

Anyway - LOTS of thinking and planning and taking classes to learn new things.  Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment