Saturday, June 13, 2015

Alyssa


Alyssa  21"x34"   SOLD
Ah Alyssa!  The first quilt I made in this style.  Named after my nephew's precious wife Alyssa.  Not because it looks like her (she is quite beautiful) but because when I made this quilt, Alyssa was moving frequently and the houses on the figure's head made me think of her.
Houses on Alyssa's head

The background fabric on this quilt is one of my all time favorites and you will see it in several of the quilts in the UWW show.  The gradual color change by increasing the proximity of dots seems almost magical to me.

The technique for this portrait uses small pieces of fabric attached to the background with tiny little dots of glue.  Then the whole thing is fused down and each and every little piece is sewn down. 

There are two other portraits in a similar style in the show.  See if you can find them in future posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment