Saturday, June 13, 2015

Red Umbrella? Dancing?



Dancing with a Red Umbrella symbolizes a leap of faith and an enthusiastic embrace of daring to try something new and different.  And that first leap of faith continues to guide my art adventures.


Here's what happened:  I was presented with the opportunity to Dance with a Red Umbrella at a Hindu temple Aarti ceremony in an ashram in Colorado.  Contrary to my normal shy reticence, I accepted this invitation to be, for me, flamboyant and wild.  it was a wonderful joyous experience and taking a chance has become a guiding principle in my art.


When an idea for a quilt starts to form, I try to follow enthusiastically no matter how strange it may seem.  Each time that I hesitate, I remember when I was offered the red umbrella and thinking "When will I ever have this exact opportunity again - just do it!"

No comments:

Post a Comment