Saturday, May 23, 2015

Arnold Makes a Wish

Arnold Makes a Wish  15"x20"   $75.00
So what is he wishing for?  Actually Arnold was not originally standing in water - but then he seemed to require a puddle for his ruby red magic crystals.

Arnold is one of the Residents of Farkleberry Road.  Did you know that there is a real bush called Farkleberry?  I collect interesting words and Farkleberry is definitely on the list.  It sounds sort of like a Dr. Seuss word.

Anyway.  Here is a little story for you....something about how some of my whimsical critters were born.  For most of my life I was not able to ever draw little pictures from my imagination.  It really did seem like there was a disconnect at my elbow that would not allow them to travel from my brain to my fingers.

Then I found a book by Carla Sonheim (Drawing Lab for Mixed Media Artists) and learned how to FIND those little critters and let them come out to play.  Arnold is one of them.  A charming fellow for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment