Thursday, May 28, 2015

Wild Warrior Woman

There is a story behind this quilt.  This is one of the quilts in the Elizabeth Series.  When I made the face I had many ideas for shapes to surround her head.  And then this just sort of happened.
Wild Warrior Woman  26" x 33"   $500.00

I learned how to knit last year and have been bravely leaping into knitting projects.  Well I knit a cowl and it was complicated and challenging.  And when it was finished it was SO huge that it looked like it was going to swallow my head.  Not a good thing.

So - admitting that some projects are just a failure, I unraveled the whole thing.  Or at least I tried to.  But part of it would not unravel because of the sequence of stitches.

Being a frugal person, I saved the crazy part that refused to unravel because it was sort of strange and lumpy.  And then I started on this quilt.  And then - the strange lumpy unraveled cowl landed on this quilted person's head.

It just proves that things happen for a reason.  Or maybe it proves you should never throw anything away!  Uh oh.  That could become a dangerous habit.

No comments:

Post a Comment