Sunday, May 24, 2015

E-I-E-I-O

E-I-E-I-O  29"x24"   $300.00
Inspiration comes from the strangest places.  And this quilt is an excellent example of how random (and fun) that can be.

I was teaching a small paper collage class for a group of friends and while they were working on their projects, I cut out some pieces from a catalog.  I was just sort of plunking along and wanting to appear occupied so I didn't make the ladies in the class feel like I was "watching" them.

They did a wonderful job on their creations (they always do) and after the class was over I took my piece of paper home - intending to just toss it.  But I liked the way the shapes fit together.  So it ended up on my design wall - and eventually became this strange and colorful quilt.  It is one of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment