Monday, May 25, 2015

Survivor

Survivor  17"x26"   $500.00
I never know how my quilts will actually turn out when I start.  I always have lots of ideas - but often times, the quilts just become what they want.  I feel like I am along for the journey.

This was one of those quilts.  Since the last couple of quilts had interesting things sprouting from the figures head - I expected this one would too.  But she had a mind of her own.

Her entire face is constructed from a single piece of fabric cut into many small pieces and then fit back together like a puzzle.  I selected this fabric because I knew it would be a challenge.  There were a lot of angular shapes in the fabric and I accented these lines with paint.

This is the second of my Elizabeth Series.  People react strongly to this image.  What is your reaction?

No comments:

Post a Comment