Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Already MAY!

It has been a busy year already.  But I am having a lot of fun just playing around with New Ideas.

One idea is looking at some collage journal pages that I did a few years ago and interpreting them in fabric.  Each one of the quilts is small of course - around 12 x 15 inches.  I am calling them "Fast and Furious Quilts".

Although they aren't all that fast..... because I need to find the perfect fabric for each of the small areas in the quilt - to balance and enhance the design.  If you are reading this blog, you know what I mean!

So here are some examples ---

Sparkle is pretty fun.  I am fond of her eyes. 

I am not fond of the letters in the word.  It is incredibly hard to cut out small letters like that and fusing them.  This is the quilt that convinced me to get a Scan 'n Cut machine to do precision cutting.  More on that later.












WILD was the next one in the series.  The letters in this word are done with thread.  Better but still not what I want.

But I like the overall look.  I added a bunch of Fancy Stitches that just sit there on my machine (a Bernina) itching to be used .  And they really added a lot of detail. 










And this is Adventure.  Live Life Out Loud.

For this one I printed the words on cardstock and then fused it right to the fabric.

Lots of fancy stitching again.

Some interesting tidbits for you to check out and think about..... I used a black background on all of these quilts.  Mostly because I like the way the colors stand out against the dark background. 

But the other reason is that the common color of background gives the group a cohesive look if they are displayed together.  Do you agree?

No comments:

Post a Comment