Wednesday, May 16, 2018

New Way to Design Little Critters


I'm always looking for new ways to design imaginative little critters.  Partly to just stretch my brain.

But also to develop new ways to teach folks to be creative.  I am convinced that all people are creative - but I am very aware of the fear of a plain white page and the command to "Be Creative".

I teach several design techniques and I think this one may work its way into a class.  We'll see.

This quilt is the first of the series.  No name yet.  I'll post a photo of the drawings that inspired this group in just a bit.





This is the second of this group.  The tentative name is "Diversity is Strength".  I was thinking about how scared people are of other people who just look (or think or talk) in a different way.
And I figured my little critters might feel the same way - check out the look they are giving each other!







This is a detail showing wonderful sparkly material that can be cut with my Scan 'n Cut.
Yup.  I got it and am learning how to use it for MY purposes.  This sparkly stuff fuses so well that I don't have to sew it down at all.







And here is another detail.  I have always been great inventing little critters but positively lousy at inventing flowers.  I am working on it.  I like these.

Maybe I should make a garden quilt!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment