Tuesday, October 23, 2018

Little Owl

The past few weeks I took a break from quilting and just did other things.  It is interesting to observe my creative meanderings - sometimes I just need to change gears and do something completely different. 

And I have really enjoyed the little paintings and the on-line class.

But I was ready to make a small quilt.  And this is the little guy that I made.

He is only 9x13 inches and he lives on the floor.  Yes a quilt on the floor.  Not where they usually live.

We have a wonderful water filter that removes the chlorine and the fluoride from our city water.  It sits on the counter with the spigot hanging over the edge of the counter.  So we need a little something to catch any small drips that may fall on the wood floor.  Voila!!  A little quilt. 

I like this guy.  I wasn't sure what else to add to his space but I like the simple branch shapes.  And I especially like the fabric that I found for his chest because it looks like feathers.  Hoot!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Owl" just bet he needs a sip of water every once in a while and is grateful to have a place of duty in your wonderful home!!

    ReplyDelete