Tuesday, February 2, 2021

 Gentle Amusements

 " At the moment I'm in one of those cherished in-between moments where new projects are slowly incubating" - a quote from one of my favorite artist Lally Mille - seems to really describe how I am feeling.  A time for rest from large projects.  A time to relax and to sometimes just do little things that amuse me and make me smile.

So with that in mind I saw a video about making paper dolls and decided to dip into my drawers of paper and collage supplies and see what I could make.... 


They are only six inches tall but they are colorful and charming.  They stand securely - like a row of paper dolls.

I did learn some things from this first effort.  The necks are the weakest spot and I will add a hidden wire when I try the next time.  And the dresses could be slimmer.  But it was fun and I have  more faces just waiting to become dolls.  We'll see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment