Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Betty's Butterfly

For the past couple of weeks I have been just FULL of overflowing WHIMSY.
It started with this butterfly.

Let me tell you the story.....

My dear friend Betty recently moved from another city into the local nursing home.  I am sort of scared of nursing homes because they are simply foreign to me.  But Betty is an old friend so I visited.

Betty is a quilter and has made beautiful quilts.  So we have a common interest.  I like Betty a lot and asked her if there was a way that I could help make her new room look more colorful and fun.  We decided that a colorful little quilt for the door would be perfect.  She likes the color PINK and she likes Butterflies.  So this is a picture of the quilt.

Here is the funny part.... I don't really like the color pink that much.  I have pink fabric and I use it in small quantities in my quilts for an accent - but I am less than comfortable using it on its own.  But Pink Butterflies demand (!!) the color pink.

Actually I learned a LOT making this quilt and had a great time.  My original plan was to use a thin strip of black fused between the wings to set them apart.  But I found that it was much (MUCH) easier to just separate them a bit and let the background show.

Wait to you see where this little quilt led me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment