Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Can a Cow be Green?



Well of course a cow can be green - at least when he is becoming a quilt.

This quilt is small but fun.

This is the initial look of Ms. Cow (need a name for her).  Note the mishmosh of color to the right of her face.  Not good.

The reason there is SO much color in this particular cow is that I had a certain piece of fabric and had the thought: "I wonder if I could convince this piece of fabric to  be manipulated to show enough light and dark areas and look like a cow?"

It was HARD.  I struggled.  A lot.

But I kept trying and eventually replaced that one piece of fabric that was too light and too pink and here is what cow looked like then. 

Better. 











So I quilted it and it looks even better now that the quilting is done and more stitching helps make the face and ears stand out.

Notice the binding that matches the fabric and isn't the same all the way around..... I know, I know.... only a quilter would care..... but it does make it look better!  Really!

No comments:

Post a Comment