Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Jackets can be quilts!

Friends give me things.  Lots of strange and interesting and pretty things..... things that I may be able to use in my quilts.  And I appreciate every single wonderful gift.  Some of them sit in my closet for a long time before they turn into a quilt - just waiting their turn.

My friend Kay gave me a jacket that she rescued from the closet of a friend.  It was very colorful, had padded shoulders, was polyester (not a normal fabric for quilting), and made me smile.

One day I was sort of drifting along wanting a challenge and thought of the fabric in that jacket.  I decided that it would be VERY challenging to make a Face using ONLY the fabric in that jacket.  Uh huh!!

I struggled a lot while making the quilt - but love the finished product.  Two birds also needed to be part of the quilt and these are also made with only the fabric from the jacket.  I haven't named this quilt yet.....


This is all that remains of the jacket!  It helps to see how the pattern looked before I moved the pieces around to make them into the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment