Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Butterflies that Fly By Themselves


One of the problems (challenges) that I have been thinking about is how to make some of my serious face quilt designs that can hang as a simple face and not hang on the wall.... sort of hang from the ceiling..... I know.  Strange thought.  And who would want hanging faces in their house?

But - the idea has adopted me and I am nourishing it and loving it and trying to figure it out.

And I think that Betty's Butterfly combined with the project with Timbo School last Spring is the answer.  You don't know about the Timbo project but it involved some new ideas using a stiff fusible interfacing and making 18" squares of black fabric to use as a frame for smaller whimsy faces.

This is a picture of what that looked like

Back to the Butterflies....
In the middle of the night I had the idea of using the pattern of the butterfly and instead of making a quilt - putting the fabric on the black background squares and cutting out the shape to see if it would "float" if it was hung up....

I will take a photo of the butterflies in the trees soon.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment