Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Collage Horses Transformed

Inspiration comes from such interesting places.  I frequently take on-line classes in drawing and painting.  One of the classes was about creating Imaginary Animals.  I love to do that anyway and it was a lovely class.

One of the lessons was painting blobs of paint on a large brown bag (grocery bag).  Then adding black and white and dots and squiggles and texture.  And then tearing the paper into shapes and making them into a picture of an animal.

This is what my collage looks like.  The horse has a peculiar set of legs but I like the overall design.




In fact I liked it so much I made it into a quilt.  I am particularly fond of the colors.  I revised the legs a bit - they are still strange but better.  And I added another butterfly and flowers.  But it is basically the same design.




I named this quilt Queen Wilhemenia.  Fancy name for a horse!!

No comments:

Post a Comment