Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Whirly Things that need a better name!

My latest desire with quilting is to use lots of color and to make things that freely hang from the ceiling.  Eventually I think that I will be making hanging faces.  Is that toooooo weird to imagine?  Probably.  But I think it is where I am meant to go next.

Anyway.  In the meantime (and just because it is a lot of FUN) I am making smaller projects using the base product that will allow my creations to be solid enough to float in the air - but easy to cut and trim.  Uh huh.  That probably doesn't make a lot of sense to READ - but it is part of the learning process for me.

So I am making whirly things.  And YES I need a much more creative name for them.  Soon.....

In the meantime here as some photos to show you what they look like.



OK.  It is really hard to take a photo of the darn thing.  It keeps moving (which it is supposed to do) and I wanted a plain background so you could see it ---

But this should at least give you an idea of what it looks like hanging.

 And this is a picture of it on the floor so you can see how pretty the fabric looks

And this is what it looks like when it is folded up.
There are beads on the top and the bottom.
And the whole thing is attached to a Barrel Swivel Fishing Lure thingie so that it can twirl around and never get tangled.

I got VERY good at making those tricky little knots to secure the fishing line!  SOOO hard to tie something that is basically invisible!!
But it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment