Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Magic Seeds

I made this quilt this past week.  On a whim.  I did not have any particular plan except I wanted to see if I could make a whole person in fabric. 

I traced a figure from a fashion magazine (it is really strange how they have models pose).  And no that person did not have pointy little hands and poky little feet and spikes coming out of their head!  But those embellishments seemed to grow as I put the fabric down. 

And sparkly Magic Seeds seemed to be necessary to add some action to the figure.

I may try this with the same design but a completely different fabric to see how that affects the energy of the piece.

This may lead to a class ---- using traced figures and finding the perfect fabric to communicate an idea.  Hmmmmm........

1 comment:

  1. I especially like the idea of trying other fabrics, but it is hard to improve on perfection! Magic seeds..now there's a beautiful concept.

    ReplyDelete