Monday, December 23, 2019

A long busy Fall and early Winter

Well I think I owe my blog an apology for neglecting it for so long.  I'm sorry blog!!
Studio Tour was a success.  Sold lots of quilts and had lots of fun.

Then the Hill 'n Hollow Quilt Show in October.  Great fun.  I actually got several ribbons and was surprised that the judge liked my quilts as much as she did.  It is gratifying to be recognized by someone out of my normal ballpark of acquaintances.

And then I just plain stopped quilting.  Haven't touched my sewing machine since late August.  I think that I worked so hard on quilts for the museum show then the studio tour then the quilt show - that I was just worn out creatively.

So instead I have been filling my well of inspiration with on-line classes.  Classes in painting faces.  With acrylic and watercolor.  And learning a LOT about shading - things I had heard but had never really understood.

Taking classes in an area where you are a complete stranger - and a bit of a klutz - is really scary!!  Really really really scary!!!  I am used to creating in my own little backyard of skills - knowing what I am doing - not really taking serious jumps into new experiments - and was surprised at how Fear of Failure kept bubbling up.

Luckily the on-line teachers I found were marvelous and I found my way and learned new things.  The next question is will I be able to apply this new information to my quilting?  I don't really know the answer to that........

No comments:

Post a Comment