Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Watercolor Animals

So I took a break from the abstract class and switched gears completely.  This is a watercolor class.  I know nothing nothing nothing about how to use watercolors.

The teacher is Lexi Grenzer and the class is Less Is More: Watercolor Animals.  Another good teacher from Jeanne Oliver's site.

She teaches several ways to get the background sketch for the animal on the page - and then starts to show you how to layer watercolors.

This little guy turned out sort of - but looks very flat.  I do like his ears and his nose and his eyes.  But he needs more of a neck or something.  I do think that I will try to paint him again.  

Once again I am aware that a lot of basic things that others know are simply not part of my knowledge base - and they make me struggle with simple things.  But the struggle is definitely a learning process which, when I am not feeling tortured, makes me happy.

There are several other animals in this course - a tiny baby chick, a duck and and a cow.  I'm not quite ready to try them yet - but maybe when the weather gets cold in January it will be a nice break.

No comments:

Post a Comment