Sunday, December 22, 2019

Learning Flow with Jenny Grant

 I have signed up with several groups of artists and periodically they link to free classes by different artists who create with a variety of techniques.  This project was a free class by Jenny Grant.  She is a wonderful artist and I love her work.

This project was done on an 8x10 canvas board.  It started with collage and then paint and then stamps and then drawing the face and then painting the face and then adding texture paste at the top.  WHEW!!!!

A lot of techniques in a small space.  The face is like her sample and it turned out to be pretty striking - very peaceful and meditative.  People react very positively to it.

The thing that I learned is to be BOLD with the contrast between the light and dark in the face.


I liked the free class so much that I purchased a set of her classes focusing on a variety of methods to create faces.

This is my attempt using the same basic techniques as the first one but with my own drawing.  It is OK but I liked the first one better.

This is done on watercolor paper and it is surprising how much wet stuff that paper allows.




And this is another one of the techniques.  You trace a face from a magazine and then paint it.  Boy did I run into problems with this one.  And learned a huge amount when I got stuck in some ugly places but kept working to find my way.

This one is actually more MY style and not Jenny's style.  Which is a good thing I guess.  I want to find ME - not just copy another artist that I like.  I still have one more technique of hers to try.  Maybe soon......












No comments:

Post a Comment