Thursday, December 19, 2019

Do I Look Like That???

Next abstract class challenge -----

A self portrait.  A LARGE self portrait.  Oh my goodness.  How scary.  This is 19x24".  Which means that you need to use larger paint brushes.  Yikes.

The assignment was to take a selfie and use that as a model but not try to be photo-realistic.  So.... I tried to be very brave and this is what my self portrait looks like.

When I finished and stood back I was shocked and somewhat horrified.  The question that came to mind was "OH my.  Is that what I really look like to other people?"

I realized that when I look in the mirror I see myself as about 20 years younger (and less wrinkled and less OLD looking) than I really am.  Oy vey!  What a shock.

BUT - that said - the portrait turned out better that I thought it would.  It looks like a person.  It has shapes and contrast.  And it really does look sort of like me.

No comments:

Post a Comment